How to begin your child's journey...
At GEMS Al Barsha National School we aim to interview every child and his/her parents prior to entry and each child must take an age related placement test to ensure that they are ready for the high quality education on offer at our school. Our school also has limited space for children with additional learning needs and this will be discussed further, where appropriate, with parents during the admissions process. However, at this time our school does not have provision for children with severe or complex special educational needs.
Admission to our school can be made at any time through the Registrar, although there are cut-off dates during the year, which are designated by the Ministry of Education. The Ministry of Education also requires all students to submit certain documents to the school before they can enter the educational system in Dubai.
Step 1: Submit an Online Enquiry.
Step 2: Check the email address you provided when submitting your Enquiry; a confirmation email will be sent containing your Enquiry Number. Do not lose this number. It is your reference point for all further application-related communication with the school.
Step 3: Pay the registration fee (Dhs 1,000) and bring the following documents to the school to complete the registration process:
- Copies of child and both parents’ passport plus UAE entry stamp and/or Residency Visa page;
- 2 recent passport photographs (on photographic paper please);
- Copy of your child's last school reports for all children entering Year 1 and above;
- Transfer certificate. Please see below.
- Full details of any special educational needs and individual education plans (IEPs) plus any Educational Psychologist's report if completed. It is essential that all educational history is presented to GEMS NSG prior to a place being offered;
- 1 copy of your child's birth certificate (residents of some countries must produce an attested copy);
- Full details of all vaccinations and immunizations for your child;
- Copies of child and both parents’ emirates ID cards.
Step 4: The school will contact you to schedule an interview and/or assessment test.
Step 5: Bring your child at the scheduled time for their interview and/or assessment test.
Step 6: Upon completion of the interview and/or assessment test, the school will contact you if your child has been offered a place.
Step 7: Make your admission fee payment (Dhs 2,500) to finalise your child’s admission and secure their place.
Note: Receiving an offer of a place at GEMS Al Barsha National School, does not automatically give a right of access to any other GEMS school.
Every student is required by UAE Knowledge and Human Development Authority to produce a transfer certificate from their last school. This is strictly enforced and failure to produce a properly completed certificate, or a legally binding undertaking to produce all the necessary documentation, will result in your child's place being withdrawn. Please discuss your child's transfer certificate requirements with the Registrar as your country of origin and last school is taken into consideration.
The Certificate must be on official school letterhead and must contain the following information:
- Full name of the child
- Date of enrolment in the school
- Child's date of birth
- Date the child left the school
- Grade / Class on leaving the school
- School stamp and signature of the Principal
- Curriculum used
NB: Children coming from countries other than United States, Australia, Canada, Europe and New Zealand should have the original Transfer Certificate (TC) attested by:
- Ministry of Education (from country of TC origin)
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs (from the country of TC origin)
- UAE Embassy (from the country of TC origin)
Please be aware that children transferring from other education systems (including USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand and South Africa) may be placed in a Year Group lower than expected by their chronological age due to KHDA regulations about placement out of their current system’s sequence.
The KHDA has specific cut off dates regulating the transfer of children within the UAE and from overseas which GEMS Al Barsha National School adheres to. Please discuss these with the Registrar on application and satisfy yourself you will be able to fully confirm to these regulations.