Information about Payments, Refunds, Re-enrolments and Withdrawals
All tuition fees are payable in advance of attendance, and are in accordance with the fee structure established by GEMS under the guidance of KHDA’s established School Fee Framework.
Payment of Fees (2019/2020)
Registration Fee: AED 1,000 (payable when applying for admission to GEMS Al Barsha National School for Girls; non-refundable, non-transferable, non-adjustable) inclusive of Vat
Entry/Admissions Fee: AED 2,500 (payable upon being offered a place; non-refundable, non-transferable, non-adjustable)
If a student joins in the school in the middle of a term/semester, the tuition fee applicable will be prorated, based on the number of full weeks (commencing from the week of joining) remaining and unexpired in the term/semester.
All forms of payment methods are accepted and can be made by in person at the school accounts office. In addition, payments of fees and tuition can also be paid by cheque or wire transfer directly to the school bank account.
Non-payment of Fees
Failure to pay school fees may result in a loss of the student’s place in the school, withholding of their school reports, references, and/or examination results, as well as, temporary or permanent expulsion or exclusion from school.
The registration fee, admission fee, and re-enrollment fee remain non-refundable, while tuition fee refunds follow the Ministry of Education Bylaws for Private Education. If a student withdraws or leaves school for any reason, the refunds will be processed as follows and returned to the original payee.
- If a student withdraws prior to the start of the academic year, the balance of the first term/semester fee paid will be refunded, except the AED 1000 Registration Fee and AED 2500 Admissions Fee, which is a one-time, non-deductible.
- If a student withdraws during the school term/semester, the Registration fee, Admission fee, and Re-Enrollment fee, are non-refundable, and the remaining tuition is refunded in accordance per the Ministry of Education bilo for term payments:
- Fees will be charged for one full month if a student attends school for two weeks or less.
- Fees will be charged for two full months if a student attends school for more than two weeks and less than one month.
- Fees will be charged for the entire school term/semester if a student attends school for more than one month.
In order to secure the seat for the next academic year, parents will be asked to pay a re-enrolment fee, 10% of the annual school fee will be requested, which is non-refundable, but adjustable against the first term fees. Please note, students who are unable to be registered with the ministry due to missing required documentation, or students with an outstanding fee balance, will not be able to be re-enroll for the next academic year.
All students withdrawing from the school must complete the online transfer certificate request through GEMS learning gateway. A 30-day notification period is required to ensure all necessary documents are ready.